Friday, March 20, 2015


INSURGENT

                                                                (SPOILER ALERT)
 

Movie goers and fans of the first film DIVERGENT will find Insurgent entertaining and action packed.  Theo James did not disappoint with his role as Tobias “Four” Eaton and Shailene Woodley once again stole our hearts with her heroic role as Tris Prior.

BUT, fans of the Divergent Series written by Veronica Roth, may not be as impressed.  Unlike with Divergent, I feel that Insurgent was thrown too far in left field, as though the writers took Veronica Roths’ story and ran in a completely different direction.  Very little lined up with the book, and crucial parts that were in the book, were left out (For example Tris’ alliance with Marcus, or Caleb taking Tris to her execution).  It is important that movie goers also know the struggle between Tris and Tobias as it is in the book, in order to feel the full impact of their reconcile in Allegiant.  There was NOTHING in relation to the wall building between them in the movie.  This will be the main disappointment among fans of the book.

I do appreciate some of the changes made, for example the BOX!  Why didn’t Veronica Roth think of that?  But, once again, the Simulation machine that Tris was hooked to, is not of that world and too Matrix- like for this particular setting.

Overall, it was just another Hollywood film, filled with action and good actors.
 
 
 
I want to know what YOU thought of the movie!  Make sure to catch it in theatre TODAY! subscribe to my BLOG and come back and tell me your opinion and be entered to win a $5 Starbucks gift card!!

Drawing will be held 4/5/2015

23 comments:

  1. I liked it although I think I may have been too generous with my rating ... gave it 4/5 stars, it's maybe 3.5/5. I just watched the first Divergent yesterday (rewatched) and it was so much better. http://www.yesnofilms.com/2015/03/movie-review-insurgent.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an email subscriber. I have not yet seen this movie. It looks interesting. I do enjoy watching Theo James' various performances.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I subscribe. I heard the Insurgent is much better that Divergent. I will be seeing Theo James next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I subscribed. I would give the movie a 3/5, I liked it but it could have been better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I subscribed to your blog. I thought Insurgent was much better than the first movie -- still some holes in the story but it was pretty cohesive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the movie was fantastic. I enjoyed the second as much as the first. I want more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved it. Four is my favorite character.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I purposely did not re-read it before the movie because I find that when I do I end up hating movies. The fact is that a movie is never as good as a book. As an action movie I think it was great! As a depiction of the book, it was not perfect. I felt it was a good shortcut middle movie to get to Allegiant which I fervently hope wraps up the way Veronica Roth depicted. I agree that not having built up the heartache in the Tris/Four relationship leaves the fire out of a fantastic literary couple and the onscreen relationship might be a big yawn in Allegiant if they don't make up for it somehow.
    I did enjoy how beautifully they captured the Amity camp and the Candor people. I cried at the end watching them running toward the wall.
    To be honest, Insurgent wasn't my favorite of the 3 books anyway. I look forward to Allegiant and am crossing my fingers they end it in a much less heartbreaking fashion than the book (without changing the ending).

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like a movie worth watching.
    I subscribed by email.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i absolutely loved it. i loved that we got to see a closer look at all of the factions; their strengths and their weaknesses. and also that Jeanine got the karma that she deserved! but i really wish they would have analyzed more people with the Divergent scanner, like Jeanine! or Four! or even Eric!

    kmcgrew213@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I felt it fell flat I just wish the heartache of four and tris was more prominent

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the first one so much which is probably why i had high expectations for this one. It was a good movie but not as great as the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am an email subscriber! I really enjoyed Insurgent! I thought it was fantastic!

    andysavi.mom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved it! Although not as much as the first, it was still worth seeing to me! I do agree with your post that they went in a completely different direction with this one, but overall, I really liked it! I follow you via e-mail!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't gotten to see it yet! I am looking forward to going with a friend, because the hubby says no way! The email I check most often is fossil316@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have not seen the movie yet, but am looking forward to!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's hard to even compare the two since I believe they were so different! 3.5/5 stars (my email is sara.drexler@mail.northcentral.edu)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm an email subscriber and loved this one even more than the first one. Thanks for the giveaway! huntandride@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Im an email subscriber. Im almost done rereading the book so I cango see it. From what I heard it was as awesome as the book

    ReplyDelete
  20. I subscribed to your blog with wenbudro@aol.com
    I thought that the movie was pretty good for a one time watch. I think that it might be geared towards a younger audience than myself.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Subscribed by e-mail.

    I havn't watched the movie, but it looks interesting.
    - lwest.86@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am an email subscriber. I have not yet seen this movie It looks exciting!

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I subscribed by email. insurged into the subscription :)

    ReplyDelete